Community Emergency Response Team
CERT Program Manager - Sherri Reed
Updated September 21, 2011
- Overview of the program: This is one of five Citizens Corp. Groups
Neighborhood watch, Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
Volunteers in Police Service, (VIPS) Terrorism information and
Prevention System, (TIPS), and Medical Reserve Corp.
- All members have Picture Identification, which will be required to be wornwhen acting in the Cert capacity.
- Citizens Corp Council: oversees the Lewis County Cert Team. Our Citizens Corp Council is very active with the L.E. P. C. – Local Emergency Planning Committee, to assist with Disaster Drills.
- Training: Basic First Aid and CPR Training. 20 Hr. Cert program to include:
Disaster Preparedness, Fire suppression, Basic disaster medical services, light Search and Rescue, Team organization, Incident Command, Protection Against Terrorist Threats.
- The CERT Team areas are divided the same as the Fire Zones in the County.
>> Application for CERT TEAM <<